2012-04-26

Road Trip Photos

Two years ago, for the STS-133 launch of Space Shuttle Discovery, my wife and I took a road trip to try and view the launch. Long story short, we didn't get to see the launch, but ended up taking over 18,000 photos on this epic journey. After returning home, and getting back into the swing of things, I finally managed to collect all of the photos from our phones and, five different cameras, and working with my brother, we developed a shift for the EXIF data that shifted all of the time stamps to line up correctly, and rename each file with a sequential number suffix, and appropriate prefix so that I could go through all of them to filter out anything that was bad, and do any other work on them that needed to be completed before I showed them off.

In a discussion for the Dryden Social, someone had mentioned road trips, and then it occurred to me - I never posted photos from this epic vacation that we took! So many people have been waiting so patiently for me to gather and post photos, and I have been a complete slacker, and hadn't posted a one.

So the good news: I have begun filtering through the photos, organizing them, and adding captions/tags to them so that I can post them on Facebook, and I might duplicate the album on Flickr as well. So if you were waiting on these photos, a little longer, I'm sorry, but they are coming, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment